Perfect Chicken Crispers Recipe
IngredientsHoney Mustard Dressing
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 10 chicken tenderloins
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 to 10 cups shortening or vegetable oil
- To make sauce combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- In a medium bowl combine egg milk chicken broth salt and pepper. Whisk for 30 seconds. Whisk in self-rising flour and let sit 5 minutes.
- Place shortening or oil in a Dutch oven and heat to 350 degrees.
- Place the 1/2 cup flour in a bowl. Coat each piece of chicken in flour and then dunk into the batter.
- Working in batches of 3-4 tenderloins lower battered chicken into oil. Fry 7 to 9 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drain on a wire rack or paper-towel lined plate.
This article and recipe adapted from this site