Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 c unsalted butter softened and room temperature
- 1 1/2 c flour
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1/3 c brown sugar packed firmly
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 c white chocolate chips
- 1/2 c dark or regular chocolate chips
- 4-5 candy canes chopped
- Using a hand or standing mixer cream butter sugar and brown sugar until nice and creamy. Add in vanilla and egg and beat until incorporated. You don t want to over do this part or cookies will be stiff. Just enough until the egg is mixed in (about 20 seconds.)
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour sea salt and baking soda. Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips and candy canes–by all means use your hands for this part as long as they are washed!
- If chilling dough seal tightly and chill up to 3 days before baking. (Allow to sit out 10-15 minutes before you bake them)
- If baking preheat oven to 350°F. Roll dough into 12 balls and line on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cookies look slightly golden. The key here is NOT to over bake these! They may not look done but they are!
- Allow to cool for several minutes before transferring to your mouth–er a cooling rack.
This Recipe adapted from >>>> Click Here