Honey Garlic Chicken Wings
INGREDIENTSBAKED CHICKEN WINGS
- 2 lb chicken wings
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 pinch black pepper to taste
HONEY GARLIC SAUCE
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger grated
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp chili powder optional
- fresh cilantro chopped for garnish (optional)
INSTRUCTIONSFOR THE BAKED CHICKEN WINGS
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper then set aside.
- In a large bowl add raw chicken wings. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Use a pair of tongs or a spatula to gently toss the chicken wings to coat.
- Arrange chicken wings in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake chicken wings for 40 minutes or until juices run clear turning them half way through.
FOR THE HONEY GARLIC SAUCE
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat bring honey soy sauce ginger garlic and chili powder (optional) to a rapid boil. Allow to simmer stirring occasionally for 3-4 minutes or until sauce is reduced by 1/2.
- Remove saucepan from heat. Cover and set aside.
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
- Working quickly place baked chicken wings in a bowl then pour prepared honey garlic glaze on top. This step works best if both the chicken and the sauce are hot. Use a spatula to toss the chicken wings until they are coated in the glaze. Note: It s okay if the glaze is thick but it should pour easily. If it doesn t microwave the glaze for 30 seconds at a time until it s liquid again then quickly pour over the chicken wings.
- Serve honey garlic chicken wings immediately with chopped cilantro as garnish (optional).