- 10 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs (about 3 lbs trimmed)
- 1 Tbsp BAKING POWDER (do NOT use baking soda it s NOT the same)
- 2 tsp kosher salt (plus more to taste)
- 2 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 Tbsp Buffalo wing sauce (plus more to taste; see notes)
- Preheat oven to 450F
- Dry chicken thighs with paper towels really well. Try getting them as dry as possible. Sprinkle on salt paprika pepper and baking powder and gently rub with your hands all over ensuring even coverage. (See note).
- Lay the chicken thighs on the coking rack leaving a little space between the pieces. You may want to spray the cooling rack with PAM or rub it with some oil to minimize sticking.
- Note: you can skip using a cooling rack but that will result in the bottoms of the chicken thighs becoming a little greasy. In that case place the thighs on paper towels after baking to remove the grease.
- Oven-fried chicken thighs seasoned with salt pepper and paprika.
- Transfer the thighs to a large baking sheet lined with aluminum foil and/or parchment paper. Either is optional or course but makes cleaning much easier.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven. Switch the oven to 425F convection. This is very important. You must use convection to get the same crispiness.
- Bake for 30 minutes for moderate crispiness and supreme juiciness.
- Bake for 35 – 40 minutes for ultimate crispiness and fall-off-the bone tenderness with perhaps a tiny bit reduced juiciness.
- Remove the thighs from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes. This will ensure that the skin on the thighs retains much of its crispiness after tossing in Buffalo wing sauce.
- Toss the thighs in Buffalo wing sauce or any other sauce or a combination of hot wing and BBQ sauce and serve. Alternatively serve with a dipping sauce on the side.
This Recipe adapted from >>>> Click Here