- 10 ounces chocolate crackers (see note for options) finely crushed (about 2 cups)
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 egg yolk (optional helps make the crust richer and sturdier)
- 6 ounces white chocolate chopped (not white chocolate chips – see note)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 (8-ounces each) packages cream cheese very soft
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup (7.5 ounces) granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam (see note)
- Shaved or finely chopped white chocolate
- Fresh raspberries
- Additional raspberry jam or puree
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl stir together the chocolate cookie crumbs butter and egg yolk until well-mixed. Press evenly in the bottom and 1/2-inch up the sides of a 9- or 10-inch springform pan. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the chopped white chocolate and heavy cream. Microwave for 30 second intervals stirring in between until melted and smooth (don t overheat). Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or in a large bowl using a handheld electric mixer beat the softened cream cheese until well-combined with no lumps. Add the sour cream sugar cornstarch and vanilla and beat until evenly mixed scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add the melted white chocolate/cream mixture to the cheesecake batter and mix with a rubber spatula or spoon until combined (don t overmix).
- Spread half of the cheesecake filling over the baked crust.
- Lightly warm the raspberry jam until it is pourable without being warm or hot. Spoon it in dollops across the cheesecake layer and use a butter knife to lightly swirl back and forth into the cheesecake.
- Spread the remaining half of the cheesecake batter evenly over the raspberry swirls.
- Place the cheesecake on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake for 40-45 minutes until the sides are set and the middle is just slightly jiggly.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely. Cover with foil or plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled at least four hours or up to 24 hours.
- To serve garnish the top of the cheesecake with the shaved white chocolate and raspberries OR slice into pieces and garnish each piece individually with the white chocolate raspberries and raspberry jam.
This article and recipe adapted from this site