Easy Keto Italian Chicken Skewers
- 1 1/2 – 2 pounds boneless and skinless chicken breast cut into 3 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil plus extra for cooking
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning herbs mix
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Clean chicken by running it under cold water pat dry with paper towels. Cut and discard any fat pieces.
- Cut chicken into 3 inch cubes and add to a large ziplock bag.
- In a medium bowl mix the rest of the ingredients: olive oil buttermilk Italian seasoning parsley garlic lemon juice lemon zest salt and pepper. Whisk until fully combined. Pour the mixture on top of the chicken.
- Close the ziplock bag shake to coat the chicken evenly in the marinade and refrigerate for at least one hour or overnight. Preferably shake and toss the chicken during this period a few times so it marinates evenly.
- For outdoor grilling heat the grill until hot and spray it with cooking oil. For indoor cooking place a cast iron grill pan oven medium-high heat and add to it about 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- If desired arrange the chicken pieces on wooden skewers. Grill for 3-4 minutes on each side or until the chicken is no longer pink in the middle.
- Serve with a salad lemon and your favorite dressing for dipping.
This article and recipe adapted from this site