Chicken With Creamy Mushroom Sauce
- 2 chicken breasts
- ½ onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 200g of cremini mushrooms sliced
- ¼ cup of coconut milk (4.5 syns) (you can substitute with a ¼ cup of single cream or half and half in place of this but syns will need to be adjusted)
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 1 tsp of wholegrain mustard (0.5 syns)
- 1 tbs of arrowroot powder cornstarch or tapioca powder(1.5 syns)
- Salt and black pepper
- spray oil
- Place chicken breasts inbetween some cling film and flatten with a meat mallet.
- Season well with salt and black pepper.
- Spray a frying pan over a medium high heat with some spray oil. Add the onion and fry to soften. Add the garlic and fry for a further few mins.
- Add the mushrooms and a little more spray oil and continue to fry until mushrooms are golden.
- In the meantime spray another frying pan with some spray oil and add the flattened chicken breasts frying on each side until golden and cooked through.
- When mushrooms are golden stir in the mustard broth and coconut milk.
full recipes from this site