- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 oz dark chocolate
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs room temperature preferred
- 3/4 cup Nutella or other chocolate hazelnut spread
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- extra Nutella for decorating
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- Line an 8×8 inch pan with aluminum foil and lightly grease or line with parchment paper
- In a large microwave safe bowl melt together the butter and dark chocolate in 30 to 45 second bursts stirring after each until the mixture is melted together.
- Whisk in the sugar followed by the vanilla extract.
- Stir in the Nutella (for easier stirring microwave for 30 seconds before).
- Whisk in the eggs.
- Carefully stir in the flour an salt.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the top looks set and an inserted toothpick comes out clean or with a few damp crumbs.
- Cool fully to room temperature or for at least 30 minutes. Then cut into 16 squares. Optionally frost with Nutella.
This article and recipe adapted from this site