Best Chicken Piccata Recipe
- 2 Pounds Boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 4 thin filets
- 1/2 Cup All-purpose flour divided
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 Tablespoons Olive oil divided
- 3 Shallots finely chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- 1/2 Cup Dry white wine
- 3/4 Cup Low sodium chicken broth divided
- Juice from one lemon
- 1/4 Cup Capers drained
- 3 Tablespoons Coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley for garnishing
- Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound to 1/2-inch thickness using a meat mallet or small heavy skillet. Place 1 teaspoon flour in a small bowl and set aside. Place remaining flour in a shallow dish. Sprinkle both sides of chicken evenly with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in flour in shallow dish; shake off excess.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium high heat and swirl to coat. Add chicken to pan and sauté 4 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoon oil in pan and swirl to coat. Add shallots to pan and sauté for 3 minutes stirring frequently. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute stirring constantly. Add wine and bring to a boil scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Cook until liquid almost evaporates stirring occasionally. Add 1/4 cup of broth to reserved 1 teaspoon flour and stir until smooth. Add remaining 1/2 cup broth to the pan and bring to a boil. Cook until reduced by half (about 5 minutes). Stir in flour mixture and cook 1 minute or until slightly thickened stirring frequently. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice and capers. Return chicken to the skillet and use a spoon to pour sauce over each piece. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
This article and recipe adapted from this site