Baked Orange Chicken
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 pounds chicken thighs boneless skinless
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ginger minced
- 2 teaspoons garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons rice wine (white wine works too)
- 1/4 cup orange juice from the orange
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 10 tablespoons sugar
- 10 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 orange zested
Instructions Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and add the panko to a food processor and pulse until the crumbs are much smaller like regular breadcrumbs.
- Add the panko to one bowl the chicken (cut into small chunks) in a second bowl the eggs in a third bowl and the flour in a fourth bowl.
- Dip the chicken pieces into the flour then egg then breadcrumbs and place on baking sheet then spray with cooking spray (or brush lightly with vegetable oil).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes while the chicken is baking make the sauce.
- Add the remaining tablespoon vegetable oil ginger garlic and crushed red peppers to a saucepan on medium heat and cook for 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add the rest of the sauce ingredients bring to a boil until it thickens then turn off the heat and wait for the chicken to finish baking then toss the chicken with the sauce and serve.
Read Full Recipe >>>> Click Here