- 5 pounds chicken wings
- 1 1/2 Tbs baking powder
- 2 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1/2 Tbs kosher salt Or less see note
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
Ginger Soy Glaze:
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce Use low sodium or it will be too salty
- 1 1/2 tsps minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp minced ginger
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 250°F. And place on rack at the lowest setting and one near the top.
- Use a paper towel to pat the totally defrosted wings dry. This will not work with frozen wings.
- Place wings in a large bowl or in a ziplock bag. Add the baking powder and salt and pepper and toss to coat evenly. Note: Some have complained the wings are too salty adjust to preference but remember salt is needed to help dry out the skin and get crispy wings.
- Line a tray with foil and set a wire rack inside the rimmed baking sheets.
- Brush rack with vegetable oil or spray with cooking oil. Place the wings on the baking tray in a single layer with the skin side up. It will be a tight fit use two sheets if needed.
- Brush wings with remaining oil. Or spray with cooking spray
- Bake wings at 250 for 30 minutes at the lowest oven rack setting this will help to help render the fat.
- After 30 minutes increase temperature to 400 degrees and move wings up to the top of the oven. Bake an additional 45-50 minutes until cooked through and skin is crispy and wings are golden brown. Optional: Flip once during baking
- Once baked remove wings from pan and toss in a bowl to coat with sauce of choice
- Return to baking sheet rack bake for 5-6 minutes until glaze is lightly caramelized.
Ginger Soy Sauce:
- Bring all ingredients to a boil in a small saucepan stirring to dissolve honey. Taste and adjust as desired such as adding sweetener.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer stirring occasionally until reduced to 1/4 cup 7–8 minutes.
This article and recipe adapted from this site